HRA may have financial resources to assist you.
As a first step, please see the RAFT/ERMA flyer and application above

 Do you need a place to sleep tonight?

For individuals

The Wells Street Shelter/Drop-in Center, located at 60 Wells Street in Greenfield, provides supportive services for homeless individuals and is handicap accessible.

Drop-in Center phone number: (413) 772-6100
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM - 2 PM & 2 PM - 4 PM          

To find out about shelter in Franklin County after 4:00 PM call (413) 772-6100
To find out about shelter in Hampshire County call (413) 586-6750

For families
(definition: you are pregnant or you have children under 21 living with you full time)

Call the DHCD Division of Housing Stabilization Emergency Assistance (1-866-584-0653 or 877-418-3308). When you leave a message make sure the message has your name and a valid phone number.
Please note: Families going into shelter can be placed anywhere in the state. Families who are couch surfing should also call the DHCD numbers to see if they qualify for the HomeBASE program.


Domestic Violence

If domestic violence is part of your homelessness or potentially homeless situation, regardless of your family status, you should also call the 24/7 crisis hotlines for Safe Passage at (413) 586-5066 or (888) 345-5282 (toll free) and/or NELCWIT at (413) 772-0806 or (888) 249-0608 (toll free), which may be able to assist you find immediate, safe housing. Please note that you could be placed anywhere in the state.